Jump to Navigation

Minnesota Employment Immigration Lawyer

Green Cards Through Employment

The immigration attorneys of Ferman Law, PLLC assist businesses, individuals and their family members with obtaining employment-based immigration visas.

If you have an offer of permanent employment in the United States (or are eligible to self-petition) and wish to obtain U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card") based on that employment, you will need to qualify for one of the four employment-based preference categories, which are outlined below.

  • EB-1 Visa, Priority Workers: This preference category does not require a labor certification application (i.e., a test of the labor market). It consists of three subcategories: (1) Persons of Extraordinary Ability; (2) Outstanding Professors and Researchers; and (3) Multinational Executives and Managers.
  • EB-2 Visa, Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability in the Arts, Sciences or Business: Apart from National Interest Waivers, this preference category usually requires a labor certification application. If your job requires a degree beyond a Bachelor's degree and you possess that degree, you may be eligible for this preference category. Alternatively, a Bachelor's degree plus five years of experience in the field could also qualify. If you do not have an advanced degree (or the equivalent), you could still qualify if you have exceptional ability, which "means a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts or business." Likewise, if your employment in the United States would greatly benefit the nation, you may be eligible for a National Interest Waiver.
  • EB-3 Visa, Skilled Workers, Professionals and Other Workers: There are three subcategories in this preference category: (1) Skilled Workers (individuals with two years of training or experience), including Schedule A (nurses and physical therapists); (2) Professionals (individuals with Bachelor's degrees); and Unskilled Workers (individuals without two years of training or experience). A labor certification application is required.
  • EB-4 Visa, Special Immigrant Religious Workers: If you have at least two years of full-time experience as a religious worker and will be working in the U.S. as a religious worker, you may qualify for permanent residence in this preference category.

We want to help you achieve your employment immigration objectives. The decision to live permanently in the U.S. is a very important decision, and the immigration process can be long and arduous. Ferman Law, PLLC will explain to you and prepare you for each and every step of the process. We will be with you throughout the transition and make it as easy as possible for you.

Please contact our office in Minnesota to discuss your employment-based immigration case. Call 651-968-0551. Our lawyers' services are available on a flat-fee basis.

Minnesota Office:

Ferman Law, PLLC
201 West Burnsville Parkway Suite 110
Burnsville, MN 55337

Phone: 651-968-0551
Fax: 952-303-5453
E-mail Map & Directions

Florida Office:

7389 Byrons Way
Naples, FL 34113-3169
Map & Directions

UK phone numbers:
T: +44 (0)7710 751266.

Visit our U.K. Web site

Contact Ferman Law

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


This site uses Google's Invisible reCAPTCHA, which is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.