Jump to Navigation

Minnesota Family Immigration Lawyer

Reuniting Families Through Family-Based Immigration

American citizens and permanent residents of the United States can sponsor foreign-born relatives and bring them to the United States to live.

If you would like to live in the U.S. and have a close relative to sponsor you, or if you are in the United States and would like a family member to join you, please contact the immigration law attorneys of Ferman Law, PLLC.

In the U.S., different rules and restrictions apply, depending on the legal standing of the sponsor and the nature of the relationship to the immigrant. Highest priority is given to the closest relatives and fiancés or fiancées of U.S. citizens.

Spousal Visas, Minor Children Visas, Fiancé Visas

  • Immediate relatives – Husbands, wives, unmarried children (under age 21) and parents of U.S. citizens are not subject to quotas, and there is no waiting list.
  • Fiancés and fiancées — If you are engaged to a U.S. citizen, we can help you come to the U.S. on a K-1 visa. You do not automatically become a citizen when you are married. We can help you through the process of becoming a conditional permanent resident, a permanent resident and eventually a naturalized citizen of the United States.

Green Cards for Close Family Members

We also represent clients seeking immigrant visas based on other family relationships. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services considers these petitions for close relatives:

  • Unmarried, adult sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses and children (under age 21) of permanent residents (known as 2A) and unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of permanent residents (known as 2B visas)
  • Married sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of U.S. citizens
  • Siblings of U.S. citizens

If you have one of these relationships, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible to file a petition. We can guide you through the process so that you do not waste time and money unnecessarily. We recommend that you plan ahead for a long-term solution for becoming a permanent resident. In the mean time, we may be able to assist you with a short-term solution. For more information on immigrant visa wait times you can refer to the State Department's Visa Bulletin.

For effective representation and advice in all family-based immigration issues, please contact the immigration lawyers of Ferman Law in Minnesota at 651-968-0551.

Minnesota Office:

Ferman Law, PLLC
201 West Burnsville Parkway Suite 110
Burnsville, MN 55337

Phone: 651-968-0551
Fax: 952-303-5453
E-mail Map & Directions

Florida Office:

7389 Byrons Way
Naples, FL 34113-3169
Map & Directions

UK phone numbers:
T: +44 (0)7710 751266.

Visit our U.K. Web site

Contact Ferman Law

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


This site uses Google's Invisible reCAPTCHA, which is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.