Ferman Law, PLLC Ferman Law - Immigration
e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
Call or e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
America Live the Dream
Visit our U.K. Web site

Minnesota Immigration Law Attorney

Our Immigration Law Practice

The immigration attorneys of Ferman Law, PLLC offer comprehensive representation in immigration law. Our years of experience on both sides of the Atlantic allow us to provide effective solutions to complex immigration-related problems.

Immigration basics: A visa is an authorization to travel to the United States to present oneself for admission. There are two main types of visas. Nonimmigrant visas, allow a person to go to the United States temporarily. Immigrant visas allow a person to become a permanent resident of the United States.

Please contact us to discuss your immigration-related concerns, including those involving:

  • Family-based immigration: We use the law to reunite families. If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you can sponsor the immigration of certain foreign-born family members.
  • Nonimmigrant work visas: We help eligible workers and their family members obtain the visas that allow them to come to the U.S. to work on a temporary basis.
  • Religious workers: Those who lead or work for religious organizations can obtain visas that allow them to work temporarily or permanently in the United States.
  • Student and visitor visas: For tourists, business visitors and those studying at colleges, universities and vocational schools. We can assist you with an application for a student visa or a visitor visa. We can also assist you with an application for a change of status if you enter the U.S. on a visitor visa and later decide to attend school. If you are a student who has fallen out of status, we can help you with an application for reinstatement.
  • Employment-based immigrant visas: We will prepare and file a petition to obtain the most appropriate type of immigrant visa so you can live and work permanently in the United States.
  • EB-5, immigrant investors: Foreign investors help build the U.S. economy by providing products, services and jobs for Americans. Learn how you can obtain a green card by investing in America.
  • Naturalization and citizenship: Our immigration lawyers can help you become a naturalized U.S. citizen or claim American citizenship if at least one of your parents is or was a citizen.
  • I-9 compliance and E-Verify: We help businesses comply with federal requirements to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
  • Green card lottery: Each year, the U.S. government makes 50,000 visas available to people who were born in countries which have low rates of immigration to the U.S. through the diversity visa (DV) program. Contact us for information on this year’s program.
  • Waivers of inadmissibility: If you are not eligible for a visa, an extension of status, a change of status or adjustment of status due to a prior criminal offense, a prior immigration violation or a health-related issues, we can help you waive that ground of inadmissibility.
  • Services for permanent residents: Including reentry permits and preservation of permanent resident status, returning resident applications, transportation letters and abandonment of U.S. permanent residence.

To arrange a consultation with one of our lawyers, please contact our Minnesota office by e-mail or call 651-968-0551.