Call or e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
I Naturalization

Minnesota Immigration & Naturalization Attorney

Helping You Claim or Establish U.S. Citizenship

Some people pursue naturalization in order to enjoy the full rights and benefits of United States citizenship. Others want to become citizens so they can file immigration petitions for their family members.

Whatever your goals, the immigration attorneys of Ferman Law, PLLC can help. We will answer your questions and explain every step in the process of establishing or applying for U.S. citizenship.

There are three ways to become a U.S. citizen:

  • By birth: If you were born in the U.S., you are automatically a U.S. citizen. Some people who are born to American citizens living abroad, may also automatically be U.S. citizens.
  • By derivation: If you were born outside of the U.S. and one of your parents later became a naturalized citizen, you may be able to claim U.S. citizenship.
  • By naturalization: U.S. permanent residents may be eligible to apply for naturalization after they have been permanent residents for the requisite amount of time. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you must be a permanent resident for three years before applying for naturalization. All other permanent residents may be eligible to apply for naturalization after five years. EXCEPTION: Spouses of certain U.S. citizens, whose employment requires that they live outside the U.S., may be eligible to naturalize regardless of how long they have been lawful permanent residents of the United States.

How We Can Help

If you have derived U.S. citizenship, we will prepare your application for a U.S. passport. If you are a permanent resident, we will determine if you meet the requirements for naturalization. If so, we will prepare and file your naturalization application and help you prepare for your naturalization interview.

Establishing derivative citizenship or becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization can be a complicated process. Our immigration lawyers offer quality, cost-effective services even in complex cases. Naturalization and citizenship services are available for a flat fee from our Minnesota office. To discuss your specific concerns, please contact us by e-mail or call 651-968-0551.