Ferman Law, PLLC Ferman Law - Immigration
e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
Call or e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
America Live the Dream
Visit our U.K. Web site

Nonimmigrant Work Visas

Work in the USA

There are many different types of nonimmigrant visas, which allow foreign nationals to enter the United States to work on a temporary basis.

The attorneys of Ferman Law, PLLC in Minnesota can help you obtain the type of visa that makes sense for your specific background and purpose. We offer flat-fee legal services to business and individual clients who need nonimmigrant work visas.

Some of the more sought-after visa categories that Ferman Law, PLLC handles are:

  • H-1B, specialty workers: This visa for professional and specialty workers requires at least a bachelor’s degree.
  • L-1, intracompany transferees: We help businesses obtain visas for employees who are transferred from an office abroad to a U.S. office.
  • TN, NAFTA professional workers: Helping Canadian and Mexican professionals obtain visas that will allow them to work in the U.S.
  • O-1, Aliens of extraordinary ability: This visa is reserved for those who can demonstrate extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics or extraordinary achievement in motion picture and television production, and their essential support personnel.
  • P-1/P-2/P-3, athletes, artists and entertainers: This visa allows athletes, artists and entertainers to come to the U.S. to compete in a particular event or to participate in a reciprocal exchange program or culturally unique program.
  • J-1, exchange visitors: This visa is designed for those who seek training in the United States and then return to their home countries to use the skills they have learned.
  • E-1/E-2, treaty traders and treaty investors: These are for citizens of countries that have treaties with the U.S. government regarding trade and investment. This might be the visa for you if you are planning to buy a business in the U.S. or open a new business in the U.S.
  • E-3, Australian professional workers: This category is only available to nationals of Australia who are coming to the U.S. to be employed in a specialty occupation.
  • B-1 in lieu of H-1B: In some cases, a business visitor visa can be used instead of an H-1B specialty worker visa.
  • I, Journalists and members of the media: This visa is for members of the media and freelance journalists coming to the U.S. on assignment.
  • C-1/D, crewmembers: If you are a crewmember on an airline or international ship that is passing through the U.S., you will need a C-1/D visa.
  • R-1, religious workers: This visa is for ministers, members of religious orders, and those working for non-profit religious organizations.

There is no single visa that is appropriate for all circumstances. Each type of nonimmigrant work visa has its own requirements and restrictions. Some are easier to obtain than others. Our lawyers can review your needs and propose a plan to reach your goal as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.

Please contact our Minnesota office to arrange a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer. Call 651-968-0551.