Call or e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
I Religiousworker

Religious Workers

Visas for Religious Workers

Whether you are a member of a religious order, a minister, a professional working in a religious occupation or vocation, or other religious worker, the immigration law attorneys of Ferman Law, PLLC can help you come to the United States to work temporarily or, in some cases, to live permanently.

Experienced in Representing Religious Workers

Our Minnesota office is one of the few immigration law firms in the region that has placed a special focus on representing members of religious organizations and religious workers. We can represent ministers, nuns, monks and other members of religious orders, people working at Bible camps and many other religious workers.

R-1 Temporary Work Visas

There is no cap on the number of R-1 temporary work visas issued each year. To obtain this visa, the religious worker must be coming to the U.S. to work in one of the following capacities for a non-profit religious organization:

  • As a minister
  • As a professional
  • In a religious vocation or occupation

To learn more, please review the detailed information on R-1 visas or call our Minnesota office 651-968-0551.

Green Cards for Religious Workers

No labor certification is required to obtain an immigrant visa for a religious worker or member of a religious order. This can simplify and speed up the process of obtaining a green card. We will file an I-360 special immigrant religious worker petition. For more information about green cards for religious workers, please see our page on I-360 special immigrant religious worker petitions.

Other restrictions and requirements apply. To find out how we can be of assistance, please contact our immigration lawyers by e-mail or call 651-968-0551.