Ferman Law, PLLC Ferman Law - Immigration
e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
Call or e-mail now for personalized service from highly experienced attorneys
America Live the Dream
Visit our U.K. Web site

Services for Permanent Residents

When Immigration Gets Complicated

Whenever you are dealing with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, things can become complicated. The immigration attorneys of Ferman Law, PLLC can assist you with maintaining your U.S. permanent resident status.

Please contact our Minnesota office for assistance with the following issues:

Reentry Permits

Permanent residents and conditional residents who want to leave the U.S. for one year or more must obtain a reentry permit to return to the country. You must apply for a reentry permit before you leave the United States.

Preservation of Permanent Resident Status for Naturalization Purposes

If you are a permanent resident who needs to leave the U.S. for certain employment purposes, you may wish to apply to preserve your permanent residence so that you can apply for naturalization upon your return to the U.S. Our attorneys will work to preserve your permanent residence so that you can remain eligible to apply for naturalization.

Green Card Renewals

If your green card is expiring, we can help you renew it. Also, if there is a mistake on your green card or if you never received it, we can file the appropriate application with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services so that you have proper evidence of your permanent resident status.

Returning Resident Applications

Permanent residents who are outside the U.S. for a year or more, but who do not have reentry permits, will need to apply for returning resident status.

Boarding Foils

If you are abroad and your “green card” becomes lost, stolen, mutilated or expired, you will need to obtain a boarding foils in order to board a commercial carrier to return to the United States.

Abandonment of U.S. Permanent Residence

If you no longer reside in the U.S., or if you are otherwise subject to loss of permanent resident status, you must abandon your claim to that status.

If you are one of the thousands of people worldwide whose permanent resident status may be in jeopardy, please contact the immigration lawyers of Ferman Law, PLLC for help. Call our Minnesota office 651-968-0551.